Raglan Sleeve Shirt

Second time's the charm for this raglan shirt.  I had more fabric left over from my first attempt at this shirt and decided to try the very same shirt again with the very same fabric.  I guess I've learned a thing or two over the past few years because this shirt turned out much better this time.  I even wore it out in public for the first time this weekend!

The fabric is from my mother.  I'm not sure exactly what it is, but it's a silky fabric with some sheen.  I've been into jewel tones this past month, so the fabric really inspired me to sew something out of it.


I suspect pattern cutting and sizing made the difference in the neckline.  Also, since I learned how to make my own bias tape, I used the fabric to make bias tape for the neckline, which I think looks better than the navy blue bias tape I used for the first shirt.  Another technique I've learned since I first sewed this pattern was French seams.  You can't tell from the outside, but nearly all of the seams are French seams, making for a much neater interior. 

Comments

Popular Posts