Dad's Tie

Since my Dad passed away and couldn't be at my wedding, I wanted to somehow incorporate something of his into the wedding.  I only had two ties of his and decided on a red one I remembered him wearing from time to time.  My wonderful florist tied my bouquet with a part of his tie, and I decided I wanted my Mom to have another piece of it.



I kept the end for a small zippered pouch for my Mom.  It was basically the zippered pouches I'd been making, only with thicker interfacing, a little tie flap incorporated onto one side, and a loop, D-ring, and handle on one side.


The exterior fabric and lining were both thrifted fabrics.


After I made it, I thought maybe I should've figured out some way to fasten the tie to the bag so that it wouldn't just flap around, but I don't know if that would've changed the look.


I don't know what my Mom's been using it for, but I like knowing that there are memories of Dad around the house.  Miss you, Dad.



Comments

Popular Posts